The GBUK Journal is a great opportunity to showcase your work in a high quality publication.
Best of all it is free to submit an entry and all members who are paid up as of 1st January each year will receive a free copy.
If you would like to have your work included in the next GBUK Journal, then please read this carefully.
Publication date: TBC
Submission Form: GBUK Journal Issue 13
Photos to: email@example.com by midnight on 14th February 2021
If you do not fill in the online form, your entry will not appear in the journal.
If you cannot fill in the form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As high quality as possible – minimum pixel dimensions approx 1200×1200 pixels. There is no maximum. The non-scaled size it comes off the camera is great.
If you are adjusting your images using a photo editor, please save them as high quality. If your photo is not suitable, you will be advised in due course.
Your photo must be named in the following format:
< your name >–< name of bead >.< extension >
So, for example, a jpeg photo of Fred Blogg’s bead called “Good Blue thing” would be named Fred Bloggs-Good Blue thing.jpg
Then send your image as an email attachment to email@example.com
All other information e.g. name, company name, website, a short write up about you and your work etc needs to be supplied using the online form. There is a maximum of 50 words for the About You text. Anything over this limit will be edited at the editor’s discretion.
Please supply as much information as possible within the word count.
All entries must be received by midnight on midnight on 14th February 2021
- Send your photo as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other entry information should be supplied using the online Submission Form: GBUK Journal Issue 13
- Please email email@example.com with all queries.
- Ensure you have completed the form and emailed your photo before midnight on 14th February 2021
- Check you receive an email confirmation of receipt within 7 days, otherwise contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to advertise in the journal? Here are the details:
£125.00 for full page (A4)
£60.00 for half page (Landscape)
£40.00 for quarter page (Portrait)
Specifications for Advertising are:
• All adverts to be submitted as PDF with images at 300dpi.
• All fonts to be outlined in the PDF if possible (this stops problems of us not having the fonts used)
• If a PDF is not possible then a 300dpi 24/32 bit PNG file will be OK, finally if all else fails a JPEG at 300dpi but make sure the quality setting is high.
• All artwork is to be submitted at 300dpi at full size.
• Full page = 210x297mm with 3mm bleed added (therefore 216x303mm)
• 1/2 page = 184mm x130mm (Landscape)
• 1/4 page = 90mmx130mm (Portrait)
• Please can everyone also supply a JPEG copy of their advert to check that it looks as expected.
Adverts to email@example.com ASAP.
Back issues of the GBUK Journal are available for purchase as PDFs.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to buy a back issue.