What is it?
A system set up to enable less knowledgeable members (Pals) to contact more knowledgeable members (Buddies) to ask questions, discuss lampworking and network.
- To enable more established lampworkers to pass on knowledge in a private, controlled way.
- To enable more knowledgeable lampworkers to help pass on tips, tricks and information.
- To enable new lampworkers to progress with their art without having to recourse to forums (e.g. Facebook/Frit-Happens)
- A more personal level
- To help new lampworkers learn without feeling needy or silly.
- To enable them to grow in confidence
How it works
The Buddies volunteer to make themselves available to an agreed number of Pals.
The Buddy and the Pal(s) agree how frequent contact is. It is a mutual agreement between both parties.
Type of contact is also to be agreed between Buddy & Pal, be it email, phone, private message or Slack.
It is important that Buddies privacy and the days/times agreed on are respected.
It is important that Pals are respected regarding the questions they ask e.g. no question is too basic.
How do I sign up?
Contact secretary @gbuk.org if you are interested in being a Buddy or a Pal.