Annual competition 2018
Each year Glass Beadmakers UK (GBUK) holds a lampwork competition. One category, jewellery, is open to non-members with the criteria that the jewellery must contain lampwork beads.
The theme for 2018 is
The closing date is 30th April 2018.
The competition is judged at Flame Off, an annual extravaganza for all things lampwork.
Jewellery entries must be sent to the competition organiser, and the pieces are returned to the creator or sold in aid of GBUK, whichever the creator chooses. Full details can be found on the GBUK website www.gbuk.org.
You will be sending us the physical entries so we can display them on our stall at Flame Off as well as a good print-quality photo for each.
You need to be a paid-up member on 28th February 2018 to enter any category other than Jewellery.
The categories are…
- Newcomer – any form of entry is valid. Newcomers may enter this category OR enter any/all of the main categories.
- Focal bead – on mandrel, single bead.
- Set of beads – multiple beads, on mandrel.
- Sculptural – on mandrel.
- Other – incorporates anything else not included above e.g. cold working, dioramas, off-mandrel.
Members are welcome to enter multiple categories with different pieces of work, except the newcomer category. No one entry can be submitted for multiple categories.
- Jewellery – one entry per person, or collaboration group, which must include lampwork beads. This is a good one to suggest to your customers – they can enter the competition using your beads as you do not have to be a member of GBUK to enter the jewellery category.
If you are a member, you can naturally also enter one jewellery piece.