Annual competition 2021
Each year Glass Beadmakers UK (GBUK) holds a lampwork competition. One category, jewellery, is open to non-members with the criteria that the jewellery must contain lampwork beads.
The theme for 2021 is:-
‘High in the Sky’
The closing date is 30th April 2021
The competition will be judged online via Facebook, after the closing date you will find a gallery of all entries on the GBUK Page, an extravaganza for all things lampwork, this is where you will get to like all your favorites.
Jewellery entries must be sent to the competition organiser, and the pieces are returned to the creator or sold in aid of GBUK, whichever the creator chooses.
You will be sending us the physical entries so we can display them on our GBUK stand at different events as well as a good print-quality photo for each.
You need to be a paid-up member on 28th February 2021 to enter any category other than Jewellery.
The categories are…
- Beginner – Any type of entry.
- Bead Set – A set of, non-sculptural beads, made on a mandrel.
- Focal Bead – A single, non-sculptural bead, made on a mandrel.
- Sculptural Bead – A single, or series of, sculptural bead/s made on a mandrel.
- Other – Anything not listed above, includes off mandrel, diorama’s and cold worked pieces.
Members are welcome to enter multiple categories with different pieces of work, except the newcomer category. No one entry can be submitted for multiple categories.
- Jewellery – one entry per person, or collaboration group, which must include lampwork beads. This is a good one to suggest to your customers – they can enter the competition using your beads as you do not have to be a member of GBUK to enter the jewellery category.
If you are a member, you can naturally also enter one jewellery piece.